As I have gotten more and more interested with makeup, I have also grown increasingly aggravated that my skin isn’t the buttery smooth baby skin every beauty guru on Youtube seems to have.
So, I have made the commitment to take better care of my skin. One step of this is my vitamin regime (stay tuned for a more in-depth review on vitamins) but another step is topical skin care. Here is what I am currently doing:
- Micellar water to cleanse makeup
- Glossier’s Solution – I gently swipe this over my entire face, being careful not to overdo it. This is a liquid chemical exfoliator so you want to be gentle with your skin when using it.
- Glossier’s Super Bounce – A hyaluronic acid face serum that is highly concentrated so just a couple drops does the trick. A moisturizer like this is important after using a product like Solution as it will dry your skin out.
- Moisturizer – I use a second moisturizer because…more is more?
- Eye and Hand cream (I currently use a generic brand but I am looking to upgrade soon.)
- Pixi’s Hydrating Milky Mist – another round of hyaluronic acid because that’s good stuff and this mist is extremely soothing to spritz on right before bed.
- Daily cleanser (I switch these up all the time so I don’t have a specific one to recommend.)
- Toner – I use a cotton pad to generously swipe over my entire face but I concentrate on the area where my pores are the biggest
- Moisturizer – Even if you have “oily” skin it is important to moisturize!
- Lip scrub and Lip balm – Jeffree Star’s lip scrub is my favorite and one of the better lip scrubs I’ve ever used. They really work and they taste and smell amazing. I have the Lemon Ice Box cookies and Watermelon Gum but there are a million other choices!
- Apply Makeup
Once a week I use a deep exfoliator scrub in the shower (like this one) and once every other week I use Aztec Secret’s Indian Healing Clay mask with apple cider vinegar. If my skin is feeling especially dry I use coconut oil as a mask and rinse off with warm water.
This is always changing, but for now, this is what I am doing to attempt being a “beautiful person!” Thanks for reading!